Better Back Program
Our Better Back Rehabilitation Program is second to none for physical reconditioning.
The program focuses on a structured, supervised, graded strengthening program for spinal integrity and muscles.
- Prepare for spine surgery
- Recover from spine surgery
- Potentially avoid the need for back pain surgery
- mprove chronic low back pain and flare ups (mostly due to degeneration and physical deconditioning)
The Better Back Program is an Active Rehabilitation Program. This means that you will be expected to play an integral and active part in the process. The more ACTIVE role you play the more successful your program is likely to be. In addition to the supervised Physiotherapy/Clinical Assistance sessions, your Physiotherapist/Clinical Assist will give you lots of tips and advice on things YOU can do to help yourself get better.
Our team will be using state of the art technology and the latest evidence based rehabilitation programs to get you back on track.
There will always be someone on hand to ask questions if you are unsure of any aspects of the program.
What is the Better Back Program?
The Better Back Program is specifically designed for back pain sufferers who need a highly structured, individual, and research-based program to regain mobility, strength, core stability and general fitness.
People who would benefit from the program:
- Back pain sufferers in need of increased core stability and strength to regain function.
- People with back pain that is affecting their quality of life and activity level.
- Worker’s compensation claimants who have reached a plateau with hands on therapy and management.
- Patients who are sick of trying different therapists and want to take charge of their back pain.
- People who have had orthopaedic surgery for lumbar spine problems and need more active intervention.
- Post natal women needing to regain core stability and strength.
- Back Pain sufferers needing to lose weight and improve fitness to reduce blood pressure, depression and fatigue.
What is involved?
This comprehensive program involves a detailed 1 hour initial assessment followed by the implementation of a structured exercise and rehabilitation program. The program is broken into 4 distinct stages:
1. Alignment/CV Fitness:
flexibility, range of motion and general fitness.
2. Inner Unit/CV Fitness:
inner core muscle control and general fitness.
3. Outer Unit/CV Fitness:
larger muscle groups, more advanced exercises and more specific fitness.
more advanced program to allow return to sport and work situations.
A typical consultation session will involve 30 minutes of specific one-on-one supervision by the therapist followed by 20 – 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise using our equipment.
The program involves a commitment from you to attend sessions 2 – 3 times each week for a minimum of 4 weeks.
No Lock-in Contracts!
There are no lock in contracts so you can suspend the program at any time should you be going on holidays or are unable to attend for a short period – a home exercise program will be given to ensure continued success.
Initial Assessment and Program Design (1 hour)
Treatment/Exercise Consultation Sessions (30 – 60mins plus CV time)