Infants and Children
Children are commonly thought to be immune to structural stresses and strains, and resilient to injury. In reality, strains and tensions early in life often become incorporated into the growing body. Fortunately, children have a profound life force which can allow rapid results with osteopathic treatment.
How can Osteopathy benefit Infants and Children?
Osteopathy is a perfectly designed non-invasive treatment for many common issues in newborns, infants and children.
Some common infant issues which can often be resolved with the skills of an Osteopath include:
- Overcoming Birth Trauma (forceps, suction, Cesarian, Premature)
- Healing Neonatal Trauma (Accidents, Infections, Surgery, Separation)
- Treatment for Nursing Difficulties (Poor Latch, Tense Jaws, Mother’s Pain)
- Sucking disorder or feeding difficulties
- Torticollis (Turning mostly to one side)
- Positional Plagiocephaly (Oddly Shaped & Partially Flattened Head)
- Sleeping Difficulties
- Colic Treatment and easing unsettled babies
- Post Partum Depression
- Seizures & Motor Problems
- Chronic Ear Infections
Children suffering from a variety of “common” childhood ailments can often see complete improvement in only a few sessions with a qualified Osteopath.
A few of the childhood issues that can be corrected with Osteopathy include:
- Digestive issues
- Cranial moulding
- Ear infections
- Learning and concentration difficulties
- Chronic immune problems like sinusitis or recurrent colds
- Dental and orthodontic concerns
- Balance issues
- Injuries and strains from falls and tumbles